Melbourne IVF is proud to house the Embryoscope+, an innovative technology revolutionising embryo culture and selection in our laboratory.
Time-lapse technology for embryo development & selection
EmbryoScope+ is an innovative time-lapse technology used to carefully monitor and analyse the development of embryos for optimal selection of the embryo most likely to achieve a pregnancy. This next generation technology combines an incubator, high resolution camera and computer software to automatically take an image of an embryo up to every 7 minutes.
The use of time-lapse imagery is becoming widely recognised in assisted reproductive technology providing a wide range of clinical, workflow and data management advantages over traditional methods.
- What is an EmbryoScope?
An EmbryoScope is an innovative time-lapse incubator that allows scientists to carefully monitor and analyse the development of embryos.
- What are the benefits of using EmbryoScope?
There are three core benefits to the EmbryoScope:
- Reduced handling: Scientists can review the development of embryos at any point in time without removing them from their incubators.
- More monitoring: Scientists can analyse more than 7200 minutes of continuously recorded data of embryo development compared with the standard 6-10 minutes.
- Better embryo selection: By obtaining accurate, in-depth data scientists can now use selection and de-selection criteria to try and identify the best embryo for transfer.
- Who might benefit from EmbryoScope?
- How much does EmbryoScope cost?
There is an additional fee of $495 for EmbryoScope+ technology.