Patient Rights & Responsibilities
As a patient of Melbourne IVF, it is important that you are aware of your rights and responsibilities. Please read the following information and if you have any further questions or concerns, we encourage you to talk to a member of the Melbourne IVF Team. Melbourne IVF also publishes it’s Quality Policy, recognising the need to deliver services to patients, referring doctors and all other customers at a consistently high level of quality that reliably meets and exceeds their expectations.
What are my rights?
You have the right to:
- provide feedback about your care
- be treated with respect and dignity
- treatment and care in a safe environment
- privacy and confidentiality for your personal and health information, except where the law permits this to be disclosed
- be accompanied by a support person at most times
- information about which staff are responsible for your care
- seek a second opinion if you wish
- access to an interpreter
- refuse treatment and services offered to you
- access to your health records according to the law, provided written consent is provided
What are my responsibilities?
All patients at Melbourne IVF are responsible for their own behaviour and care.
It is important to:
- inform everybody involved in your care of your expectations
- tell staff if you have a problem
- understand your treatment and ask questions if you are unsure
- provide staff with accurate information about your health and your current treatment
It is important to:
- read the patient information materials provided to you by Melbourne IVF
- inform Melbourne IVF staff if your condition changes
- follow your prescribed treatment
- be considerate of staff and other patients
- advise the Patient Liaison Administrators and Melbourne IVF/Reproductive Services Nurses of your Day 1
- attend your scheduled appointments, or inform staff if you need to change an appointment
- make treatment payments to Melbourne IVF, prior to commencing your treatment
- ensure you have a current referral to your fertility specialist and provide a copy of this to Melbourne IVF. Download our fertility referral form below.