Covid -19 Update January 2022
It’s been a hard start to the year for all Victorians with the State Government announcing restrictions and limiting elective surgeries. We understand this can be unsettling and would like to share with you an update on what the restrictions mean to your fertility treatment with Melbourne IVF.
Our services will continue to operate for patients requiring treatment with some changes:
- If you have commenced with us prior to 6 Jan, your treatment will continue in line with our covid safety protocols,
- For all patients who commence IVF treatment after 6 Jan, we will need to undertake a clinical assessment based on the recently issued state government guidelines prior to your treatment,
- Any urgent surgery required to support your ongoing care will continue as assessed by your fertility specialist.
- Embryo Transfers, Frozen Cycle, IUIs continue uninterrupted
- Medical Fertility Preservation Treatment remains uninterrupted
What do we ask of you?
- Please continue to contact your care team as you would on Day 1 of your cycle so a clinical assessment can be made carefully considering your personal history as everyone’s situation is different.
- Please be assured that a member of our care team will be in touch if there is any change to your care/treatment with us.
- Please continue per your usual treatment regime unless otherwise advised by your fertility specialist.
We apologise if there is any disruption to care at any clinic due to Covid. Please bear with us as our call volumes are on the rise and there may be temporary delays before we can return your call.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your resilience and strength. Our fertility specialists, nursing and admin teams, scientists and counsellors are working hard to make sure you are supported.
We hope you are looking after yourself. If you need extra support you have access to our counselling team and our patient forum on Facebook, where you can talk to other patients who are on a similar journey to you. If have any questions please call your nursing care team on 03 9473 4444.
Adurty Rao Dr Fleur Cattrall
Managing Director Medical Director