COVID-19 Latest Update
Please be advised that until further notice support persons/partners will be unable to accompany patients for ETs and IUIs. This change is to optimise opportunity for COVID-19 safe behaviour however the decision will be reviewed in line with the reduction of COVID-19 risk.
As of 30th November 2021, Melbourne IVF is now welcoming fully vaccinated support persons to accompany patients for appointments and procedures.
We know the important role your support person plays during your fertility journey and are delighted to welcome all fully vaccinated support persons to join you at Melbourne IVF clinics.
Your support person will need to show their vaccination certificate to the front door staff to be able to attend onsite.
To continue to operate safely:
- Masks continue to be worn on entry and while visitors are on-site at any of our clinics. You will be provided with a surgical mask upon entry.
- Social distancing: we will continue to maintain our social distancing procedures in waiting rooms.
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures: we continue to have strict cleaning ad disinfection procedures in place.
- Screening on entry: We will continue to require temperature checks and symptom checking upon entry. Support people will be asked to provide their vaccination certificate.
- QR code on entry: We require all visitors to our clinics and hospitals to complete the Department of Health QR code check in.
16th September 2021
In response to our rising case numbers, we have implemented additional testing/screening measures to ensure safety and continuity of your treatment with us.
This means, all patients will be required to have a swab to test for COVID-19 72 hours prior to all scheduled procedures (e.g., oocyte collection | embryo transfers | IUIs | testicular biopsies) and isolate until the day of your procedure.
Your MIVF nursing team will advise of the process prior to your scheduled procedure.
The screening involves three steps:
1. Obtain your Pathology Form:
Your MIVF nurse will provide this to you at the right stage of your treatment cycle.
2. Attend your COVID Swab at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled procedure/elective surgery.
Please isolate until your procedure.
3. Forward your results to Melbourne IVF. Your results are sent directly to your mobile. Please forward this to Melbourne IVF to the contact details below:
- For East Melbourne and Mt Waverly patients, please text your results to: 0417 656 203
Where can I have the test done?
Not all collection centres are set up to collect samples for COVID-19. We recommend ACL or Dorevich.
Thank you for your understanding. Please do not hesitate to speak with our team if you need any further support.